Saturday, October 23, 2010

What helpful of syringe should I ask for?

I had a tetanus shot today and I hold a horrible fear of needles. I have a fit before I get it (which I always do, even though Im 23 years old). But she give it to me in similar to a second or two and I barely feel it!! I was resembling "are you kidding me?" only in shock at how little it hurt. I hold heard of butterfly needles for blood test. What could this small needle hold been? Next time I hold a shot or blood, can I just request to own that type of needle bc of my fearfulness?What helpful of syringe should I ask for?
Most tetanus shot needles are 25 Gauge, 0.5 inch needles. The size of the needle is usually determined by the size of the muscle it go in, the pills. Let me explain. The tetanus shot you received was a awfully small amount, about 0.5 milliliter or ml. it's see-through and flows easily and go into a relatively small muscle, the deltoid or shoulder muscle. However, if you were getting a shot of penicillin, an antibiotic, it requires a big muscle such as the muscle just aft the upper part of your pelvis, call the ileac Crest. This medicine requires philosophical muscle. The needle would probably be 1.5 inches and be a 21 or 22 rate needle. (the larger the indicator number, the smaller it is in diameter, move about figure) When you are getting a blood test, they usually use a 21 evaluate, 1 inch needle. Also, the nurse giving the shot can produce it less bloody by giving it properly, like this one did for you today. The syringe goes contained by swiftly and out swiftly.
Prob a "microfine" needle. Butterflyies are largely used to withdraw blood, and most labs already use them. The microfines can single be used if the med is very scrubby. The thick meds still inevitability the larger sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment